Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Mark Olliver <ma...@infectiousmedia.com> on 2013/10/18 14:33:52 UTC

python modules using pig 12.0

Hi,

What do i need to do to use the numpy python module?.

I have built pig 12 and have a udf that 'imports numpy' but i get the error
No module named numpy. I have not tried to use python modules before and am
unsure how to use them from within the newly supported pig 12 python
environment.

(I am using AWS EMR but with a pig 12 not the standard aws pig 11.1)

Regards

Mark

--

*MARK OLLIVER*

DevOPS EngIneer

T. +44(0) 20 7775 5628

3-7 Herbal Hill / London / EC1R 5EJ

www.infectiousmedia.com

Re: python modules using pig 12.0

Posted by nezih yigitbasi <ne...@gmail.com>.
Maybe this blog post may help:
http://blog.mortardata.com/post/62334142398/hadoop-python-pig-trunk

Does your pig script also raise an error in local mode?

Nezih

--
Nezih Yigitbasi
https://sites.google.com/site/nezihyigitbasi