Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <ki...@apache.org> on 2021/04/09 22:32:54 UTC

[TEXT][IMAGING] Releases in May

Hi all,

Family will be away in May/June for ~15 days, and I'm planning to use the spare time these weeks to release Apache Commons Imaging 1.0-alpha3, and Apache Commons Text 1.10.
I'm working with Gary Lucas on fixing the Hashmap parameters and replacing them by a new object [1]. Gary has also a few more fixes in the work for issues, especially related to TIFF image parsing.
And in Text, I have merged a fix for the Jaro Winkler distance [2]. Both the Jaro Winkler similarity and the distance were returning the same values. A user has contributed a PR fixing it, and I've added a few more commits to fix the issue - binary compatibility kept.
If you have any more issues for Imaging/Text, just reply here and I'll start reading the issues and slowly working on the fixes or reviewing code to include in the next release.

Bruno

[1] https://github.com/apache/commons-imaging/pull/116
[2] https://github.com/apache/commons-text/pull/214

Re: [TEXT][IMAGING] Releases in May

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <ki...@apache.org>.
 Hi Gary!

Thanks for the offer. I had to stop working on the parameters branch due to some smaller issues that I wanted to get in rather than postponing until before the release. We have also added OSS Fuzz to scan the project and I've been learning how it works.

I am rebasing the parameters branch right now, will ping this e-mail thread once it's ready for an initial review [1]

Feel free to work on the TIFF branch in the meantime, and let me know if there's anything I can do to help you too. And don't hold back on changes to method signatures or other code that could affect the parameters branch. I'm happy to rebase and fix conflicts in my branch afterwards :)

Thanks a lot Gary
Bruno

[1] https://github.com/apache/commons-imaging/pull/116

    On Thursday, 13 May 2021, 2:22:53 am NZST, Gary Lucas <gw...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hey Bruno,

Just checking in to see if there's anything I can do to help with the new
Commons Imaging.

I've looked at the latest changes in your personal fork of Imaging.  I
could do some stuff on the TIFF branch if you wanted.

Gary

Posted by Gary Lucas <gw...@gmail.com>.
Hey Bruno,