Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Vishma Senadhi Dias <vi...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2016/03/11 07:17:14 UTC

Performing bulk operations on view models

Hi all,

I have a JAXB annotated view model consisting several collections. (
several other view models ; like in the todo-app dashboard). Is it
possible to use ActionInvocationContext and invokeOn to select multiple
instances of a collection and do a bulk operation where there is more
than one collection?  I can do this bulk operation inside of the
collection. But what I need to do is to enable bulk operations right at
the dashboard page.

Example :

Public class Cat { ... }

Public class Dog { ... }

Public class Animals {

            List<Cat> cats;
            List<Dog> dogs;
}

Animals page acts as a dashboard in this context. I need to perform bulk
operations on either collection by selecting from the collection tables
on the animal screen. Is this possible?
Hope you can understand my question.

Best Regards,
Vishma.

Re: Performing bulk operations on view models

Posted by Vishma Senadhi Dias <vi...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Thank you Dan. I used the tip of yours and it works fine for now.

I hope that you will include this functionality on future builds, as
even it seems like a small issue, when it comes to the UX point of view
it could be critical in certain applications.

Cheers,
Vishma.

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Vishma,