Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org> on 2004/12/10 18:12:04 UTC

Approach to historical Bugzilla issues

Hi,
I was just taking a look in Bugzilla to see what's happening.  There are 206
open issues for log4j.  The vast majority of them, naturally, are filed against
log4j 1.2.  There are significant amounts of issues filed against deprecated
items, such as the JDBCAppender and DOMConfigurator.  In addition, there are at
least a few that are old: easily more than a year, sometimes more than 2 or 3
years.

Now that log4j 1.3 alpha is out, and development is going at a great pace
towards a stable 1.3 release, do we a policy for closing or otherwise dealing
with these old and irrelevant issues?

Yoav

Re: Approach to historical Bugzilla issues

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi,
OK.  I've started and will continue to make an effort to go through these
issues, resolving them as I see fit.  To state the obvious, if anyone disagrees
with the resolution they can always reopen the bug and update it as needed
(update to log4j 1.3, state why it shouldn't be closed, etc.).

And a good weekend to all,

Yoav

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.

--