Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by pe...@kisstechnologies.co.uk on 2003/08/04 02:17:36 UTC

JVM tuning

Has anyone got any clues on JVM tuning for Tomcat on Windows 2000, Sun 141
or 142?  Im playing with some of the young/old generation and GC settings
but am having trouble deciding what is best.  I think that I should
probably push out the young generation to be a larger than normal amount
as many of the objects created are very transitory, and I have seen lots
of GC activity going on there.

On that note, has anyone tried the Sun GC portal?  Im a bit baffled as to
how to create a log file for it - turning on the switches is all very well
and prints to the screen OK but it doesnt seem to log to the .out files?

cheers
Pete