Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Marius Petoi <ma...@codebeat.ro> on 2010/02/04 08:17:53 UTC

Re: [Trinidad][Skinning] Introduce include-Property in CSS

Ok Jeanne. Thank you!

One more question, in order to transform the XSS files in CSS files, in
base-desktop.xss there are some styles which are mode-dependent. Should we
add @mode in the CSS? Or do you have any other idea?

Marius

Posted by Blake Sullivan <bl...@oracle.com>.
Sorry for only looking at the proposals now.  I'm thinking that the
following syntax for setting individual properties would be more like
setting a property value and also more compact:

.AFTestForegroundColor:alias {color: Red;}

// sets the color property equal to the background-color property of the selector
// ".AFTestForegroundColor:alias"
.AFTestBackgroundColor:alias {color: -tr-property-ref(".AFTestForegroundColor:alias", "background-color")}

// sets the background-color property of the command button to the background color
// of the selector "AFTestBackgroundColor:alias".
af|commandButton {background-color : -tr-property-ref("AFTestBackgroundColor:alias")}

The command button style definition shows the more compact form where
the source property name isn't specified.  In this case, it is assumed
to be the same as the destination property name.  So, the above is
equivalent to:

af|commandButton {
  background-color : -tr-property-ref("AFTestBackgroundColor:alias", "background-color:") }

What do you guys think?  With only one or two properties, I don't think
that skin authors will be confused about the order.

-- Blake Sullivan

Re: [Trinidad][Skinning][API] move to api -> org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.share.io.InputStreamProvider

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
+1 on #2

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [Trinidad][Skinning][API] move to api -> org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.share.io.InputStreamProvider

Posted by Catalin Kormos <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
------------
Codebeat

Re: [Trinidad][Skinning][API] move to api -> org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.share.io.InputStreamProvider

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Marius Petoi <ma...@codebeat.ro>.
Hi Jeanne,

I reformatted the code with the JDeveloper Classic code style. Hopefully,
this is the one you are using in Trinidad. If not...tell what to modify in
it (I see that is very similar to the way the code in Trinidad is
formatted). Also I added an example in purpleSkin.css, as you suggested. The
reason it didn't work for you was that you left an empty space between
"background-color", and localPropertyName. I modified the code so that empty
spaces are skipped.

Marius

Posted by Marius Petoi <ma...@codebeat.ro>.