Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Thomas Krebs <tk...@attglobal.net> on 2000/03/08 23:36:27 UTC

Error loading logicsheet

I am trying to get Cocoon 1.7 on Tomcat 3.1 M1, Win NT 4.1, Apache 1.3.9 running
When getting http://localhost/cocoon/servlets/Cocoon.xml
I get a runtime exception:

            Cocoon 1.7

            Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading logicsheet: resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/cookie.xsl. java.io.IOException: Resource not found: resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/cookie.xsl
	at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.init(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:89)
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Router.init(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:89)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.(Engine.java:155)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:190)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:119)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleInit(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(ServletWrapper.java:188)
	at org.apache.tomcat.context.LoadOnStartupInterceptor.handleContextInit(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Context.init(Context.java:547)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.start(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.server.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:372)
	at org.apache.tomcat.shell.Startup.configure(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.shell.Startup.main(Startup.java:366)

Copyright (c) 1999-2000 The Apache XML Project.
All rights reserved.

My configuration:

1. tomcat.bat is edited to set classpath for cocoon jar files copied into <tomcat root>\lib. Path to jars is defined .\lib\cocoon.jar ....

2. setup context 'cocoon' in server.xml similar the 'examples' context, created directory under Tomcat root named cocoon with Web-inf directory containing web.xml with cocoon defined as servlet as specified in the installation instructions. Cocoon.jar is extracted into the classes directory. (Without extracting cocoon.jar,  the servlet didn't even start). Do I really have to extract the jar files?

3. added to tomcat.conf which is included in Apache's httpd.conf:

    ApJServMount /cocoon /root
    AddType test/xml .xml
    AddHandler cocoon .xml
I already tried a couple of things and since I am rather new to this topic, I am really stuck now.

Any help to get this running and to understand why - and if it all - I have to extract the cocoon.jar file into the classes directory of the context, is highly appreciated.

thomas