Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Frédéric FACHINETTI <fa...@osb.pf> on 2004/05/15 01:40:49 UTC

Torque connection stuck when defaultMaxActive reached

Hi jetspeed users,

I have a portlet that makes query on an Oracle database.
I'm using jetspeed 1.4.

I've configured Torque.properties as :

# ========== ==========================
torque.database.dbora.adapter=oracle
torque.dsfactory.dbora.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.Jdbc2PoolDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.dbora.pool.defaultMaxActive=5
torque.dsfactory.dbora.pool.testOnBorrow=true
torque.dsfactory.dbora.pool.validationQuery=SELECT sysdate from dual
torque.dsfactory.dbora.connection.driver =
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
torque.dsfactory.dbora.connection.url =
jdbc:oracle:thin:@dbora.osb.pf:1521:MYSID
torque.dsfactory.dbora.connection.user = jetspeed
torque.dsfactory.dbora.connection.password = XXXX

The problem is that when I reload the portlet five times, than
it gets idle (no more display). I suspect that I have reach the
defaultMaxActive nnumber of connections.
I have to remove/install jetspeed app to solve the problem.

But when I use in my connetion code :
  cnx =  DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@dbora",usr,pwd);
instead of
  cnx = Torque.getConnection("dbora");

I don't have this problem.

I will post this message to the Torque list but I would like to know
first if someone has met this problem ?
And second, how to you enable torque logging ?
I've tried to uncomment the log4j section of the Torque.properties with
no effect.
Than I paste the log4j section of the Torque.properties into the
log4j.properties with still no result.

Thanks in advance for your contribution.

Fred

O.S.B
Oceanienne de Services Bancaires

BP 9178 Motu Uta
98715 Papeete
Tahiti - Polynesie Francaise

Site : http://www.osb.pf
Tel : (689) 54 08 00
Fax : (689) 41 34 08
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont
etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires et sont confidentiels.
Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci de le detruire et d'en
avertir immediatement l'expediteur.
Toute utilisation de ce message non conforme a sa destination,
toute diffusion ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite,
sauf autorisation expresse.
L'Internet ne permettant pas d'assurer l'integrite de ce message,
l'OSB decline toute responsabilite au titre de ce message, dans
l'hypothese ou il aurait ete modifie ou infeste par un virus.