Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2007/11/13 19:04:32 UTC

WSDL2Java usage in implementation-bpel test cases

Modules/implementation-bpel currently uses the Tuscany maven-wsdl2java
Maven plugin to generate Java interfaces  for its unit test cases.

It's the only module that does that. I'd like to switch it to use the
WSDL2Java class directly as Maven does not seem to want to build that
plugin before running it, and it will break a top-down build as it'll
use a potentially outdated plugin.

If there's no objection I'll do this in the next day or so.

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: WSDL2Java usage in implementation-bpel test cases

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
[snip]
Luciano Resende wrote:
> I can handle moving the BPEL unit tests to iTest as I'm currently
> working on the BPEL implementation.
>
> As for the build order issue, I guess we can fix that by adding
> wsdl2java as a dependency to the project or to the plugin. This should
> make wsdl2java build first. At least it showed up first on the list of
> artifacts to build. Note that current we have the maven-wsdl2java
> dependency, and I changed to wsdl2java dependency to get the following
> output.
>
> [INFO]   Apache Tuscany SCA WSDL2Java Tool
> [INFO]   Apache Tuscany SCA WSDL2Java Maven Plugin
> [INFO]   Apache Tuscany SCA BPEL Implementation Extension

Sorry... User error, I am in the middle of moving some of the tools
under sca/tools and the problem with WSDL2Java not getting built was
caused by... me having messed up the poms :)

So don't worry about it, no need to change anything. It would be nice to
move the BPEL tests to an iTest at some point though.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

On Nov 13, 2007 1:19 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> wrote:
> Luciano Resende wrote:
> > How are you going to invoke the WSDL2Java class during the "generate"
> > phase of the maven build, in order have the necessary java artifacts
> > for compile ?
>
> Like that (untested):
> <plugin>
>   <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>   <artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>   <executions>
>     <execution>
>       <id>generate-test-source</id>
>       <phase>generate</phase>
>       <goals>
>         <goal>java</goal>
>       </goals>
>     </execution>
>   </executions>
>   <configuration>
>     <mainClass>some.SomeClass</mainClass>
>     <arguments>
>       <argument>someArgument</argument>
>     </arguments>
>   </configuration>
> </plugin>
>
> > Maybe the best option should be to move the bpel test
> > cases as an iTest project ?
> >

> Now that I think about it, it's probably the better option as these
> tests are not really unit tests, and if they were they wouldn't have to
> use WSDL2Java :)
>
> Would you prefer me to do that instead of tweaking the pom?
>
> > I have no issues building it, and continuum integration builds are ok
> > too... How can I reproduce the problem ?
> >

> Like that:
> 1. make a change to the WSDL2Java plugin
> 2. do a top down build
> 3. the BPEL test cases will be generated by the version of the plugin
> before/without your change
>
> --
>
> Jean-Sebastien

Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer
http://people.apache.org/~lresende
http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Re: WSDL2Java usage in implementation-bpel test cases

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
How are you going to invoke the WSDL2Java class during the "generate"
phase of the maven build, in order have the necessary java artifacts
for compile ? Maybe the best option should be to move the bpel test
cases as an iTest project ?