Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/02 21:51:54 UTC

Release 5.0.1

Woohoo!

I've worked out a (too manual) process for building and deploying everything.

Stuff it getting copied up to people.apache.org, which will then
mirror to www.apache.org, and from there to the rest of the mirrors.
Probably be a while.

I'm also watching to see if the Maven artifacts copy over to ibiblio
like they should.

I've tagged the releases in each of the four modules
(tapestry-project, tapestry-ioc, tapestry-core, tapestry-simple).

For each, I've created a tags/releases/5.0.1

This is a slight departure from some patterns.  Under CVS, you would
have tagged this as "release-5-0-1" because CVS didn't support dots or
folders.  Since SVN supports both, it makes sense to leverage those.

I'm going to wait for everything to mirror everywhere, and start
announcements (my blog, TSS, etc.) Monday.  Emphasizing PREVIEW/ALPHA
release.

I'm also going to do some work on intros/tutorials before I code any more T5.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.

Re: Release 5.0.1

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On 2/2/07, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm also going to do some work on intros/tutorials before I code any more T5.

Would you mind doing some intros/tutorial/example on how to deal with
custom cookie handling? That would be great... well it's already
great, it would be cool... well it's already cool...

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: Release 5.0.1

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Really happy with how T5 is coming out.

The latest changes are really nifty.

Say you have a data object with an enum property.

public class MyData {
  private Enum _myEnum;

  public void setMyEnum( ... ) { ... }

  public Enum getMyEnum() { ... }
}

You create a select component:

  <select t:type="Select" value="myData.myEnum"/>

Tapestry will generate a reasonable SelectModel automatically for you,
as well as a ValueEncoder. It will humanize the Enum names to more use
presentable values ("SALES_AND_MARKETING" to "Sales And Marketting").
It will all just Work.  You can even "tweak" the labels by creating
entries in your message catalog.

If you put an @Validate annotation on the getter or the setter, it
will be honored. So you can do that instead of supplying a validate
parameter.  This works for all the form components (TextField,
TextArea, etc.). Dont Repeat Yourself.

And all of this kind of logic builds up to the BeanEditForm component.
 But there's lots of work to do there.

I figure we'll do another preview in about a month.

Re: Release 5.0.1

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.