Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by ivrokv <iv...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/21 20:07:23 UTC

OR's are not commutative??

I  noticeed this issue with OR  it will be great if anyone can let me know if
they are experiencing this problem?
.
Consider this query:   Term1  OR Term2

Assume that the  index does not contain Term1 but contains Term2.

One would expect that there will be  search hits which contain Term2. I have
noticed that there are no results for this query.

However, if run the query Term2 OR Term1, search hits containing Term2 are
returned.

Basically what I am saying is that OR is not commutative in the patch.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks!