Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by De...@cargill.com on 2008/10/22 20:20:21 UTC

Subversion authenitcation with Siteminder

Has anyone successfully configuration siteminder for authentication with
subversion?  We seem to be close on the configuration, but are having
issues with the svn client and aren't sure if it'll work or not.  Any
insight would be useful.

Thanks!
Derek

Re: Subversion authenitcation with Siteminder

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 13:52,  <De...@cargill.com> wrote:

> Yes, it's still cookie based.

Then I don't think you'll be able to integrate Subversion with the SSO
- it's a separate client application  (example: if you sign into a
SiteMinder-protected site using IE, you won't be signed into another
one when you open Firefox, you'll have to re-authenticate), plus
Subversion doesn't deal with cookies at all AFAIK.

Posted by De...@cargill.com.
Yes, it's still cookie based.

Derek

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.