Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Paweł Sikora <pl...@agmk.net> on 2008/05/29 14:29:20 UTC

[bug?] svn can't handle mixed case in auto-props patterns.

Hi,

I have configured auto-props in ~/.subversion/config
but I can't setup it for [Mm]akefile pattern. Please look...

$ egrep '(auto.*yes|[Mm]akefile)' ~/.subversion/config
enable-auto-props = yes
*Makefile* = svn:eol-style=native
*makefile* = svn:eol-style=native

$ touch Makefile; touch makefile

$ svn add *akefile
A         makefile
A         Makefile

$ svn pl *akefile
Properties on 'Makefile':
  svn:eol-style

$

As you can see the lowercase makefile hasn't the auto-prop.
Does the svn support the mixed case in patterns on linux?

Regards,
Paweł.

Re: [bug?] svn can't handle mixed case in auto-props patterns.

Posted by Henrik Sundberg <st...@gmail.com>.
2008/6/1 Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>:
> We just had a long discussion a few months ago about these types of
> patterns, but I see now it was about ignore patterns, not about autoprops
> definitions. I'm surprised they don't work the same way.
>
> http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2008-03/0737.shtml

> I don't remember if it was about ignore patterns or autoprops definitions or
> both, but I recall a prior discussion in which it was explained that
> internally Subversion handles some part of this case-insensitively, thus the
> second definition overwrites the first? Maybe I have the specifics wrong but
> I do recall this being mentioned before.

Oh no. I've changed the autoprops according to globs for many users. I
forgot the distinction between ignores and autoprops (I never thought
there should be one).
Is this really per design?
Is there no way to set autoprops for both "Makefile" and "makefile" as
the OP asks for?

/$

Re: [bug?] svn can't handle mixed case in auto-props patterns.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On May 30, 2008, at 07:08, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> On 2008-05-29 17:13:00 +0200, Henrik Sundberg wrote:
>
>> Use the autpoprops pattern [Mm]akefile instead, just as you did in
>> your grep.
>
> I've tried:
>
> [Mm]akefile = svn:mime-type=text/x-makefile
>
> but this doesn't work:
>
> vin:~tmp/wc> svn add MakeFile Makefile makeFile makefile
> A         MakeFile
> A         Makefile
> A         makeFile
> A         makefile
> vin:~tmp/wc> svn pl -v MakeFile Makefile makeFile makefile
> vin:~tmp/wc>
>
> (both Makefile and makefile should have the property).

I thought that would work too but I tried it and it didn't for me
either. I'm using Subversion 1.4.6 on Mac OS X 10.4.11 Intel, with
the working copy on a UFS disk image so as to be case-sensitive.

Posted by Vincent Lefevre <vi...@vinc17.org>.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vi...@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>

Re: [bug?] svn can't handle mixed case in auto-props patterns.

Posted by Henrik Sundberg <st...@gmail.com>.