Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2010/12/14 02:10:21 UTC

Re: JMX Cache values are wrong

: I've used three different JMX clients to query
: beans and they appear to return old cache information.
:
: As new searchers come online, the newer caches dosen't appear to be
: registered perhaps?
: I can see this when I query JMX for the 'description' attribute and
: the regenerator JMX output shows a different
: org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher to that which appears in the
: stats.jsp page.

Hmmm... using jconsole and the example jetty instance i can't reproduce
this behavior (on trunk)

I can view details on those beans, and click the "refresh" button for
those beans to see updated stats as requests come in.  When a new searcher
is opened, those beans go away complete (jsonsole detects that they are
gone and closes the active pane) and new beans come along which have the
updated stats for the new cache instances.

Perhaps either the servlet container or JMX client you are using aren't
recognizing when one bean goes away and a new one is registered with the
same name?

-Hoss