Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com> on 2000/07/31 22:24:55 UTC

Warning about IBM JDK1.3

I ran into a snafu using the released IBM JDK1.3 for Windows NT
that slowed down my development while I tried to track down the
error.

The installation automatically places an older version of Xerces
and XML4J into the %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\ext\ directory, causing
the system to build incorrectly.  (it complained on every instance
of Attributes.getQName(int)).

I am passing along this information for those of you who would like
to use it (excellent JDK), but don't want to waste time with
broken builds in Cocoon/Avalon.