Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2019/05/15 17:01:37 UTC

[REMINDER] Access to CI Docker images

Hi all,

since this has come up a few times this week, below is the list of currently used Docker images on the CI. There are some older ones as well not listed here, but we don’t use / support them any more.

Using this is simple (unless you are amc), e.g.:

	$ docker pull ci.trafficserver.apache.org/ats/centos:7

This will actually pull the image through the ATS serving CI/Docs, so we end up exercising caching and serving large objects too on our master builds.

Note that these docker images were intended for building / testing ATS, not for running ATS in a Docker image. I update these images every 2-3 months or so, or as needed. The Fedora images are built using our Dockerfile from the repo, but the Ubuntu ones are still hand rolled (yeh, I need to turn that into a Dockerfile too).

Some details:

	centos:7	- This image has LLVM v8.0 in /opt/llvm
	fedora:30	- This has gcc v9.x, and we also use this for all CI autest
	debian:8	- This the Debian build on the Github PRs (currently)
	ubuntu:19.04	- This is the Ubuntu build on Github PRs (currently)

Cheers,

— Leif

	ci.trafficserver.apache.org/ats/centos:6
	ci.trafficserver.apache.org/ats/centos:7
	ci.trafficserver.apache.org/ats/fedora:30
	ci.trafficserver.apache.org/ats/fedora:29
	ci.trafficserver.apache.org/ats/fedora:28
	ci.trafficserver.apache.org/ats/ubuntu:19.04
	ci.trafficserver.apache.org/ats/ubuntu:18.10
	ci.trafficserver.apache.org/ats/ubuntu:18.04
	ci.trafficserver.apache.org/ats/ubuntu:16.04
	ci.trafficserver.apache.org/ats/ubuntu:14.04
	ci.trafficserver.apache.org/ats/debian:9
	ci.trafficserver.apache.org/ats/debian:8