Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Frederic Belleudy <fb...@pulpe.fr> on 2004/08/31 13:12:06 UTC

Little prob with the xml parser

Hi pals, I created a new project :
svnadmin create project1 (from home/svn/ is the path I configured in
apache)

I imported it:
svn import /var/www/project1/ file:///home/svn/project1 --message "1st
import"

Then I want to make a copy in my working directory which is in :
/home/xxx/working_directory/

So, I tried couple of times to make my first checkout but without
success :( I always get this message follows :

svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/project1/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: The REPORT request returned invalid XML in the response: XML parse
error at 4328: Bytes: (blahblahblah)
. (/svn/project1/!svn/vcc/default)

I checked on the browser the first import version which is correct!! I
dont get any error message in my browser, it displays all project's page
perfectly...
So Im stocked!!! Its the first time it happens in a project with svn. I
made all the processes (create the project folder, import) with the user
www-data which is the one who's set in apache.
Maybe I missed up something?

Plz.... help :)

Re: Little prob with the xml parser

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Frederic Belleudy <fb...@pulpe.fr> writes:

> So, I tried couple of times to make my first checkout but without
> success :( I always get this message follows :
>
> svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/project1/!svn/vcc/default'
> svn: The REPORT request returned invalid XML in the response: XML parse
> error at 4328: Bytes: (blahblahblah)
> . (/svn/project1/!svn/vcc/default)

If you have ethereal (or some other network trace tool), try to
capture the network data during your checkout.  You should be able to
look at the text of this REPORT response and determine (round about
character 4328) where the supposedly invalid XML is found.

Also, try checking out smaller subportions of your tree in an attempt
to narrow down the scope of the problematic area.

Finally, if your repository can be made publically available for
read-only access over HTTP, others on this list can help you do some
of the above steps.