Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Kalessin <lo...@free.fr> on 2008/01/20 22:18:13 UTC

Troubles with Apache 2, SSL and Subversion (Debian Etch)

Hello,

I'm in troubles for installing Apache 2 and Subversion on my Debian Etch
server (with SSL). My goal is to create a repository which I can access
from the web and use with Trac.

When I try to connect to subversion through https I get a 403 from
nowhere. And this in apache2/error.log :

[Sun Jan 20 12:07:34 2008] [error] [client XX.XX.XX.XX] Access denied: -
GET svn:/

My subversion repository (created with svnadmin) is in /srv/svn/corewar
and is handled by www-data (who run apache2).

I have tried and mixed several things in my Apache vhost to finally have
this :

http://www.mousur.org/pastebin/index.php?show=151

Here is my enabled modules :

alias.load       authz_default.load    authz_user.load  dav.load
dir.conf  mime.load         perl.load  setenvif.load  status.load
auth_basic.load  authz_groupfile.load  autoindex.load   dav_svn.conf
dir.load  mod_python.load   php5.conf  ssl.conf
authn_file.load  authz_host.load       cgi.load         dav_svn.load
env.load  negotiation.load  php5.load  ssl.load

I'm running out of ideas, :X

NB : I can access to https://corewar.kalessin.fr/ and display an index.
--
Louis OPTER, aka, Kalessin - Clef PGP : 0x58AA6712

Re: Troubles with Apache 2, SSL and Subversion (Debian Etch)

Posted by Kalessin <lo...@free.fr>.

> What do you mean "from nowhere"?  Do you mean you are not prompted to
> enter a user/password?  If so, then the browser is re-using a user/pw
> you entered earlier.

No, I'm prompted for my password from ~/.corewarsvn.htpasswd (and that
work)

> What's in your AuthzSVNAccessFile /home/kalessin/.corewarsvn.users?
> This message looks like the kind of error you would get if that level
> of access control was denying access to the user you have logged in
> as.

[...]
Omg, you are right. It was a stupid error in this file. Three days that
I'm trying to understand where I'm wrong...
Damn, Shame on me.

> Karen

It works now !

Thanks for your help !

Best Regards.

Posted by Karen Tracey <km...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 20, 2008 5:18 PM, Kalessin <lo...@free.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm in troubles for installing Apache 2 and Subversion on my Debian Etch
> server (with SSL). My goal is to create a repository which I can access
> from the web and use with Trac.
>
> When I try to connect to subversion through https I get a 403 from
> nowhere. And this in apache2/error.log :

What do you mean "from nowhere"?  Do you mean you are not prompted to enter
a user/password?  If so, then the browser is re-using a user/pw you entered
earlier.

> [Sun Jan 20 12:07:34 2008] [error] [client XX.XX.XX.XX] Access denied: -
> GET svn:/

What's in your AuthzSVNAccessFile /home/kalessin/.corewarsvn.users?  This
message looks like the kind of error you would get if that level of access
control was denying access to the user you have logged in as.

[remainder snipped]

Karen