Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by "gifler@tin.it" <gi...@tin.it> on 2006/10/30 13:55:53 UTC

Any updates about support for WS-Management

Hi,
I would like to know if there are any news about Muse'support for
WS-Management.

Thank in advance

Giovanni

Re: Any updates about support for WS-Management

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
The development team has in place a plan to support the "reconciliation
specs" as they become available; HP/MSFT/IBM/Intel are working on specs
that will converge WSRF/WSDM and WS-Transfer/WS-Management. They are then
going to give the specs to a standards body so they can be worked on in
public and ratified. Muse will support these new standards and not
WS-Management, which is not a standard and will be superceded by the new
specs.

The first spec to come out of this work was WS-ResourceTransfer:

        http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/specification/ws-wsrt/

We have an implementation of it in our code base as a "tech preview" -
it's not supported, and the spec is likely to change in the coming year,
but it's there. The author, Mohammad Fakhar, is working on these specs as
they come out and can answer any questions you have on the code here on
muse-user.

        http://marc2.theaimsgroup.com/?t=115705383600006&r=1&w=2

I do not know the timeline for the other specs around the reconciled
management standard, but I believe they will at least have first drafts
this year.

Dan