Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by John Hawkins <ha...@uk.ibm.com> on 2005/03/01 14:29:07 UTC

attachments

Hi Folks,

attachment specifications (mTom, attachment profiles ?) are a mystery to
me. Could someone tell me (briefly) what type we are supporting in the
current implementation?
The serialisation code looks remarkably simple !

thanks,
John.

Re: attachments

Posted by Rangika Mendis <ra...@opensource.lk>.
  Hi John,

  Attachment specification we used is
  SOAP Messages with Attachments, W3C Note 11 December 2000

  the link is given below,
  http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP-attachments

  The above specification describes a  standard way to associate a SOAP message with one or more attachments in their native format in a multipart MIME structure for transport. The specification combines specific usage of the Multipart/Related MIME media type (RFC 2387) and the URI schemes discussed in RFC 2111 and RFC2557 for referencing MIME parts.

  Regards,
  Nithya & Rangika