Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Roy Tinis <ti...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/03 17:32:53 UTC

Open Office

Hi

    I am thinking of downloading your product. I just bought a new computer
and found out that my old version of Microsoft Word won't work with Windows
8 (and since that's all I use, I don't need to buy the whole new package).

    My question is..Will Open Office convert Word files into Open Office
Files? I have translated 2 Swedish books into English, and need a
word-processor (cheap) that can handle the job).

                                  Thank You

                                     Roy Tinis

Re: Open Office

Posted by Jim McLaughlin <jj...@gmail.com>.
Rory correctly notes that OO 4.1.1 will open .doc file extensions.

However, there have been issues in some instances with .docx file
extensions.

There are work arounds for the .docx issues, but you should be aware of the
potential for issues with the .docx format.

Re: Open Office

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.