Posted to dev@pekko.apache.org by PJ Fanning <fa...@apache.org> on 2022/10/31 10:13:18 UTC

pekko git repos

Hi everyone,

I created a number of git repos and imported git history into them.

The repos are documented in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-23813 (see my comment marked as 6 days ago (Oct 25).

I made a mistake with main repo (incubator-pekko) and imported the akka-http history instead of akka. It seems best to delete that repo and start again. Apologies about the mistake, I know this is the repo that we are most anxious to get working on.

If anyone has access to delete that https://github.com/apache/incubator-pekko repo, I would appreciate if they could do the deletion for me.

I know there has been some discussion about using Github Discussions but it appears that ASF does not support enabling that yet. See https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Git+-+.asf.yaml+features (Github Discussions section)

I have enabled Github issues on a couple of repos and can enable it on the others.
eg https://github.com/apache/incubator-pekko-http

Please ignore the incubator-pekko for until it is fixed up.

Regards,
PJ

Re: pekko git repos

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@apache.org>.
I think I've managed to force push the right commits to incubator-pekko now. So it should hopefully be ok to use as is.

I'll get back to persistence-dynamodb later - to see if I can grab the extra commits.

Re: pekko git repos

Posted by Jean-Luc Deprez <Je...@gmail.com>.
Awesome!

Re: pekko git repos

Posted by Matthew Benedict de Detrich <ma...@aiven.io.INVALID>.
> I know there has been some discussion about using Github Discussions but
it appears that ASF does not support enabling that yet. See
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Git+-+.asf.yaml+features
(Github
Discussions section)

Unless I am misreading something, the link that you shared says that Github
discussions is possible, its just in beta so it requires a separate INFRA
ticket along with a link to an approved proposal, directly quoting from the
wiki

> GitHub Discussions is currently a beta feature and does not have an API
endpoint. Until this is addressed, please open an Infra Jira ticket with a
link to a consensus discussion thread for your project.

On Mon, Oct 31, 2022 at 11:13 AM PJ Fanning <fa...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I created a number of git repos and imported git history into them.
>
> The repos are documented in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-23813 (see my comment marked
> as 6 days ago (Oct 25).
>
> I made a mistake with main repo (incubator-pekko) and imported the
> akka-http history instead of akka. It seems best to delete that repo and
> start again. Apologies about the mistake, I know this is the repo that we
> are most anxious to get working on.
>
> If anyone has access to delete that
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-pekko repo, I would appreciate if
> they could do the deletion for me.
>
> I know there has been some discussion about using Github Discussions but
> it appears that ASF does not support enabling that yet. See
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Git+-+.asf.yaml+features
> (Github Discussions section)
>
> I have enabled Github issues on a couple of repos and can enable it on the
> others.
> eg https://github.com/apache/incubator-pekko-http
>
> Please ignore the incubator-pekko for until it is fixed up.
>
> Regards,
> PJ

Matthew de Detrich

*Aiven Deutschland GmbH*

Immanuelkirchstraße 26, 10405 Berlin

Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 209739 B

Geschäftsführer: Oskari Saarenmaa & Hannu Valtonen

*m:* +491603708037

*w:* aiven.io *e:* matthew.dedetrich@aiven.io