Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Alan Gerhard <al...@gercom.com> on 2005/04/12 03:45:14 UTC

Multiple Configurations

I reached out to the active committers last week asking them for to answer a
survey I prepared to collect various information about their James
installations.

I want to put together a few standard configurations that can be part of the
office release. This would help the first time Jamers get an idea of ways
they can configure their systems, so I ma asking us users to share their
configuration (assembly, config, and environment) files.

What we can do is to come up with a handful (half dozen or so) of different
'standard' configurations that we can supply as 'out of the box'
configurations for various set ups.

As an example, I do not use NNTP at so that was removed from my assembly and
config files. I also stripped most of the logging but have a daily cycle so
my environment is quite different.

I have some ideas for 'configuration types' ...

1. SMTP/POP3 only (assembly/config)
2. Full configuration (assembly/config)
3. Single Domain (config)
4. Multiple Domain (config)
4. Full logging  (environment)

Let me know what you guys have - you can reach me off line if you'd prefer

- Alan