Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2009/09/02 11:34:01 UTC

[DISCUSS] Abdera bundles

Hi again,

I'm working on SMXCOMP-611 to provide bundles required by CXF.

I have question regarding abdera bundle.

Currently, we have an abdera-0.4.0-incubating bundle linked to the
abdera-core dependency.

CXF required other abdera dependency.

I propose to create the following new bundles:
- abdera-core-1.0
- abdera-client-1.0
- abdera-i18n-1.0
- abdera-parser-1.0
- abdera-spring-1.0
- abdera-extensions-geo-1.0
- abdera-extensions-html-1.0
- abdera-extensions-json-1.0
- abdera-extensions-main-1.0

Does it make sense for you ?

Thanks
Regards
JB

Re: [DISCUSS] Abdera bundles

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I don't know much about abdera.  I guess the question is how those jars are
related.  Is there any discovery mechanism that would break in osgi ?
If having separate bundles can easily be done, we should do that (and also
contribute a patch to abdera to avoid having to release those bundles each
time we want to upgrade). If it's not doable, we should aim for a single
bundle (and maybe also contribute a patch for that).

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 15:24, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:

> After dealing with Dan on IRC, CXF requires the following bundles:
>
> org.apache.abdera:abdera-core:0.4.0-incubating
> org.apache.abdera:abdera-i18n:0.4.0-incubating
> org.apache.abdera:abdera-parser:0.4.0-incubating
> org.apache.abdera:abdera-extensions-json:0.4.0-incubating
> org.apache.abdera:abdera-extensions-main:0.4.0-incubating
>
> Currently, only abdera-core is provided.
>
> I have two ways to do it:
> 1/ create only abdera bundle gathering all abdera components
> 2/ create one bundle per abdera part.
>
> From my point of view, I prefer 2 especially if the life cycle of abdera
> components is different (if the extensions version goes faster than the core
> part for example).
>
> What's your opinion ?
>
> Regards
> JB
>

> Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>
>> Are they packaged in a way that turning them into OSGi bundles is even
>> possible ?
>> I'm mostly thinking about split packages: if the same package is provided
>> by
>> two different jars (each one contributing a few classes to the package),
>> it
>> won't work in OSGi and we'd have to turn them into a single bundle.
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 11:34, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi again,
>>>
>>> I'm working on SMXCOMP-611 to provide bundles required by CXF.
>>>
>>> I have question regarding abdera bundle.
>>>
>>> Currently, we have an abdera-0.4.0-incubating bundle linked to the
>>> abdera-core dependency.
>>>
>>> CXF required other abdera dependency.
>>>
>>> I propose to create the following new bundles:
>>> - abdera-core-1.0
>>> - abdera-client-1.0
>>> - abdera-i18n-1.0
>>> - abdera-parser-1.0
>>> - abdera-spring-1.0
>>> - abdera-extensions-geo-1.0
>>> - abdera-extensions-html-1.0
>>> - abdera-extensions-json-1.0
>>> - abdera-extensions-main-1.0
>>>
>>> Does it make sense for you ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Regards

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [DISCUSS] Abdera bundles

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wed September 2 2009 10:20:10 am Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
> Lol,
>
> in this case, we can gather all in one bundle, ok with that ?

Yep.   Works for me.  :-)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] Abdera bundles

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Lol,

Re: [DISCUSS] Abdera bundles

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] Abdera bundles

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
After dealing with Dan on IRC, CXF requires the following bundles:

org.apache.abdera:abdera-core:0.4.0-incubating
org.apache.abdera:abdera-i18n:0.4.0-incubating
org.apache.abdera:abdera-parser:0.4.0-incubating
org.apache.abdera:abdera-extensions-json:0.4.0-incubating
org.apache.abdera:abdera-extensions-main:0.4.0-incubating

Currently, only abdera-core is provided.

I have two ways to do it:
1/ create only abdera bundle gathering all abdera components
2/ create one bundle per abdera part.

 From my point of view, I prefer 2 especially if the life cycle of

Re: [DISCUSS] Abdera bundles

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.