Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matthew Oatham <Ma...@AssetHouse.com> on 2002/06/13 23:26:58 UTC

Tomcat behind a NAT box

I am running Tomcat on a machine with multiple IP addresses, not only that
but the machine is behind a NAT box each internal IP address has a 1:1
mapping with an external address.

When I start tomcat I put the internal IP address I want the server to start
on in server.xml e.g.

               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
address="INTERNAL IP ADDRESS"/>

However when I start Tomcat I get the following output in the logs:

2002-06-13 16:55:25 HttpConnector Opening server socket on host IP address
172.16.54.180
2002-06-13 16:55:26 HttpConnector No host IP address matching 172.16.54.180,
opening on all addresses

Has anyone tried this configuration? Does Tomcat do some kind of lookup on
startup? Should I be using the internal or external IP address?

Thanks.