Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Brian Hulette <bh...@google.com> on 2020/06/03 20:15:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release 2.22.0, release candidate #1

Hi everyone,
Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version 2.22.0,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
which is signed with the key with fingerprint 449B6A3D558D20B0 [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "v2.22.0-RC1" [5],
* website pull request listing the release [6], publishing the API
reference manual [7], and the blog post [8].
* Java artifacts were built with Maven 3.6.3 and OpenJDK/Oracle JDK 1.8.0.
* Python artifacts are deployed along with the source release to the
dist.apache.org [2].
* Validation sheet with a tab for 2.22.0 release to help with validation
[9].
* Docker images published to Docker Hub [10].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Brian

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12319527&version=12347144
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/beam/2.22.0/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/beam/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1104/
[5] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/v2.22.0-RC1
[7] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/604
[9]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qk-N5vjXvbcEk68GjbkSZTR8AGqyNUM-oLFo_ZXBpJw/edit#gid=1991970145
[10] https://hub.docker.com/search?q=apache%2Fbeam&type=image

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.22.0, release candidate #1

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@google.com>.
+1

Tested several Python examples on Dataflow including a cross-language Kafka
pipeline. Also added a section to the validation spreadsheet for
cross-language transforms.

Thanks,
Cham

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Kyle Weaver <kc...@google.com>.
+1

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.

Posted by Brian Hulette <bh...@google.com>.

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.
The contents, hashes, and signatures look good to me. I also tried
running a simple pipeline with one of the wheels.

+1 (binding)