Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Mark <st...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/12 03:23:40 UTC

Consumer state

" rather than store metadata for each message (marking it as consumed,
say), we just need to store the "high water mark" for each combination
of consumer, topic, and partition"

Typically where would one store this offset?

Re: Consumer state

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Yes. The one Jay was talking about is the ConsumerConnector. I believe the
ruby client does not have that functionality.

Thanks,
Neha

On Saturday, November 12, 2011, Mark <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So this is handled automatically via the java consumer client? Didn't
realize since I am mainly looking into the ruby client.

Re: Consumer state

Posted by Mark <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Consumer state

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.