Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Rajesh Jain <rj...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/20 05:02:29 UTC

YARN Container JVMs

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/YARN.html

In this architecture --  The NodeManager is the per-machine framework agent
who is responsible for containers.

Questions:

Are these container which execute the Map and Reduce Jobs, separate JVM's?

What are the name of the this container JVM's and how can I control the
Java properties for this container JVM's?

Does mapred.reduce.java.opts/mapred.map.java.opts control the JVM
properties?

I am not seeing seperate JVM's being started by the NodeManager when I
execute the WordCount program.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Re: YARN Container JVMs

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
If you use MR, then the options you mention are valid for controlling
the MRv2 app spawned task JVMs.

If you're not seeing any JVMs being spawned across the cluster when
you run an MRv2 job, chances are you're running jobs via the
LocalJobRunner accidentally instead.

--
Harsh J

Re: YARN Container JVMs