Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2002/06/11 19:34:20 UTC

Tomcat in chroot jail

I've seen references in this list, the development list and various places on the internet to people running Tomcat in a chroot jail.  However, I haven't seen any documentation anywhere on what is required to make this work.  Can someone who is doing this please drop me a note identifying what is required?  I believe I have all the parts, yet when I try to start Tomcat it fails during bootstrap, apparently trying to open the jars in common/lib.

Thanks,

Ralph

Database locked by Tomcat

Posted by Kevin Andryc <ka...@miser.umass.edu>.
I am Running Tomcat 4.0 on Windows 2000. I have a servlet, which calls a
program that connects to a DBF database natively (not using JDBC-ODBC) and
updates records in the database. The problem I am having is that Tomcat does
not release the database until I restart the Tomcat service. I close the
connection and even do a "commit()".  Has anyone else had a problem and if
so, is there a solution? Below is some sample code:

Class.forName(dbfDriverName).newInstance();
Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(dbfUrl, "", "");

// do some stuff

statement.close();
connection.commit();
Thanks,