Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Søren Krum <so...@uninett.no> on 2009/05/19 16:14:29 UTC

Forms and locale

Hi!

I use some fine forms in cocoon 2.1, nice feature, but now i am a little
trapped, maybe someone has an idea where to look:

I have some fields like that one:
    <fd:field id="ved" state="output">
      <fd:datatype base="double" />
      <fd:initial-value>3000</fd:initial-value>
    </fd:field>

and if i reference them in the template like e.g <ft:widget id="ved" />
i get something like 3,000 as result in the html file.

How does i change teh comma in a dot (yes, there are some countries
using . here...), or may be even better, get rid of the thousend-symbol
at all.

I tried out to set the Form.language in the js file and do a i18n
transformation, but it looks like that had no effect. Any other ideas?

Best regards

--

Søren D. Krum

Re: Forms and locale

Posted by Fabrizio Sitzia <fa...@chem.lu>.
Hello

I got rid of the commas/dots by specifying the 'plain' convertor:

  <fd:datatype base="long">
    <fd:convertor type="plain"/>
  </fd:datatype>

It should work with doubles too.