Posted to users@maven.apache.org by hujirong <ji...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/29 17:17:01 UTC

How to pass in site source directory into pdf:pdf?

I got the error below when run "mvn pdf:pdf". I tried "mvn pdf:pdf
-DsiteDirectory=${basedir}/target/site", still same error.

Thanks
Jirong

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-pdf-plugin:1.1:pdf (default-cli) on project
CdiServicesParent: Error during document generation: Source directory
doesn't exists (C:\Sandbox\MDM\CdiServicesParent\src\site). -> [
Help 1]

Re: How to pass in site source directory into pdf:pdf?

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
The pdf plugin expects some source files to process, you have to add
that yourself, see [1] for a mini guide. As I said, a simple dummy index
file will presumably get you around the error.

Note that not all reports are supported by the pdf plugin [2] and with
maven 3 you won't get any reports at all.

HTH,
-Lukas

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-site.html
[2]
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pdf-plugin/examples/configuring-reports.html

Posted by hujirong <ji...@gmail.com>.
I am using a Maven framework another project already setup, and I am also new
to Maven. That's why I don't know much details. the pdf:pdf will generate a
pdf file contains the deployment instruction. I don't even know where is the
source for the pdf file.

Thanks
Jirong

Re: How to pass in site source directory into pdf:pdf?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> My site at C:\Sandbox\MDM\CdiServicesParent\target\site is generated by
> "mvn
> site:site" and only contains css and image folder, nothing else.
>
> But my "pdf:pdf" is look for the source of site at
> C:\Sandbox\MDM\CdiServicesParent\src\site. How can I pass this in
> parameters?

Step back for a minute and tell us what final goal/product you are
trying to achieve with the pdf plugin.

Wayne

Re: How to pass in site source directory into pdf:pdf?

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
Do you have some source files for the site or only reports? Try to add a
dummy index.apt or any other site source.

HTH,
-Lukas