Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by "Jens M. Kofoed" <jm...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/06 07:17:38 UTC

Daylightsaving issue with ListFTP and PutFTP Processor

Hi all

Last week I notes a strange behavior with ListFTP.
The ListFTP is configured to use the "Tracking entity" strategy, and is
listing a folder where we are not allowed to delete/remove files after they
are fetched. Doing the night where daylight saving change the time on the
servers, ListFTP listed ALL files once again.
I don't know if the Tracking entity is using the local timestamp as one of
the tracking parameters instead of UTC time. But if it does it explain why
ListFTP sees all files as new. If this is the case I will consider this as
a bug.

Another issues happened with both  List- and PutFTP.
The processor came with a NPE error with no further explanation. I found
out that ListFTP didn't like files which was created in the hour where
daylight-saving change time. If I removed the files last modified in the
time window, the processor start listed files again. As soon I moved a file
into the folder with a timestamp within the daylight-saving time window the
ListFTP processor produce a NPE.

PutFTP was not able to overwrite an existing file which was previous saved
in the daylight-saving time window. If I "touched" the existing file to
update the lastmodified time, PutFTP was happy again.

I will try to see if can reproduce the issues.

Kind regards
Jens M. Kofoed