Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Leon Kolchinsky <lk...@univ.haifa.ac.il> on 2007/08/11 17:32:36 UTC

MISSING_SUBJECT and RATWARE_OUTLOOK_NONAME disappeared from 3.1.x tests?

Hello All,

I'm going to upgrade SA from spamassassin-3.1.7-3 to spamassassin-3.2.2-1.
In my local.cf I've adjusted some optional scores and now I want to check if these scores are still intact in the new version of SA.

So I went to
http://spamassassin.apache.org/tests_3_1_x.html
and
http://spamassassin.apache.org/tests_3_2_x.html

I've found that:
1) RATWARE_OUTLOOK_NONAME  and MISSING_SUBJECT now missing in both (3.1.x and 3.2.x)
These scores were intact for my 3.1.7 installation when I configured it. (spamassassin --lint gives no error)
What happened? How these scores disappeared?
Should I just remove them from my local.cf before upgrade?

Best Regards,
Leon Kolchinsky

Re: MISSING_SUBJECT and RATWARE_OUTLOOK_NONAME disappeared from 3.1.x tests?

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
Loren Wilton wrote on Sat, 11 Aug 2007 15:09:34 -0700:

> They no longer hit enough spam to be worth keeping, so they were removed.
> Just remove the scores when you upgrade.

> and MISSING_SUBJECT

LOL, there was just a whole rush of no subject spam. ;-) I noticed that
because the greylist milter on one of my machines hung and all that stuff
went thru. Normally, it doesn't make it thru to SA.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

RE: MISSING_SUBJECT and RATWARE_OUTLOOK_NONAME disappeared from 3.1.x tests?

Posted by Leon Kolchinsky <lk...@univ.haifa.ac.il>.
> They no longer hit enough spam to be worth keeping, so they were removed.
> Just remove the scores when you upgrade.
>
>         Loren

Thanks,

I've suspected that :)

Leon

Re: MISSING_SUBJECT and RATWARE_OUTLOOK_NONAME disappeared from 3.1.x tests?

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
Leon Kolchinsky wrote on Sat, 11 Aug 2007 18:32:36 +0300:

> Should I just remove them from my local.cf before upgrade?

Run a spamassassin --lint after upgrade (which you should do always,
anyway), this will bark about those scores and you can remove them. No
need to check each time if they still exist.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany