Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/08 20:09:06 UTC

[VOTE][LAZY] move commons git-wip repos to gitbox

Infra stated that we need documented consensus on this. So, let’s have at it.

I propose that we move the following repos over to gitbox:

commons-build-plugin.git   11 weeks ago
commons-cli.git            30 weeks ago
commons-collections.git    15 days ago
commons-compress.git       19 days ago
commons-crypto.git          9 weeks ago
commons-csv.git             7 weeks ago
commons-dbcp.git           24 days ago
commons-dbutils.git        30 weeks ago
commons-fileupload.git     29 weeks ago
commons-imaging.git         6 weeks ago
commons-io.git             18 days ago
commons-lang.git            6 days ago
commons-math.git           15 weeks ago
commons-numbers.git         8 days ago
commons-pool.git           16 days ago
commons-rdf.git            25 weeks ago
commons-release-plugin.git 25 days ago
commons-rng.git           < 2 days ago
commons-scxml.git           7 weeks ago
commons-statistics.git     30 weeks ago
commons-testing.git        30 weeks ago
commons-text.git           14 days ago

This vote will close in 72 hours.

Cheers,
-Rob

Re: [RESULT][VOTE][LAZY] move commons git-wip repos to gitbox

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Rob for taking care of this.

Gary

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.
This has been completed.

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE][LAZY] move commons git-wip repos to gitbox

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Eitan Adler <li...@eitanadler.com>.
+1
On Sun, 9 Dec 2018 at 02:09, Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net> wrote:

> +1
>
> Am 08.12.2018 um 21:09 schrieb Rob Tompkins:
> > Infra stated that we need documented consensus on this. So, let’s have at it.
> >
> > I propose that we move the following repos over to gitbox:
> >
> > commons-build-plugin.git   11 weeks ago
> > commons-cli.git            30 weeks ago
> > commons-collections.git    15 days ago
> > commons-compress.git       19 days ago
> > commons-crypto.git          9 weeks ago
> > commons-csv.git             7 weeks ago
> > commons-dbcp.git           24 days ago
> > commons-dbutils.git        30 weeks ago
> > commons-fileupload.git     29 weeks ago
> > commons-imaging.git         6 weeks ago
> > commons-io.git             18 days ago
> > commons-lang.git            6 days ago
> > commons-math.git           15 weeks ago
> > commons-numbers.git         8 days ago
> > commons-pool.git           16 days ago
> > commons-rdf.git            25 weeks ago
> > commons-release-plugin.git 25 days ago
> > commons-rng.git           < 2 days ago
> > commons-scxml.git           7 weeks ago
> > commons-statistics.git     30 weeks ago
> > commons-testing.git        30 weeks ago
> > commons-text.git           14 days ago
> >
> > This vote will close in 72 hours.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > -Rob

Eitan Adler

Re: [VOTE][LAZY] move commons git-wip repos to gitbox

Posted by Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net>.
+1

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

> On Dec 10, 2018, at 2:18 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 at 19:11, Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> And, may I suggest, that we add bcel, beanutils, etc. (those still in
>> svn) to the list?
>
> -1
>
> I don't think it's a good idea to mix the two moves, as they are very different.

Agree with not mixing. Moving a repo from SVN to git is a much more arduous process, if I’m understanding correctly.

-Rob

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

> On Dec 10, 2018, at 1:51 PM, Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> +1 (non-binding)
>
> Though if it helps move things faster, I already held this vote a while
> ago:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6f7af4a106b6479970156959b31a73a26b4255e5ec2913e85aae547b@%3Cdev.commons.apache.org%3E

Whoops. Good call there. Thanks for catching that Matt.

-Rob

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [VOTE][LAZY] move commons git-wip repos to gitbox

Posted by Eric Barnhill <er...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
+1