Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net> on 2007/05/04 14:19:10 UTC

Commit Access [Was] : Re: [VOTE] Move POI to TLP

Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> Nick Burch wrote:
> Although as part of this I'd like to see Marc Johnson's committer access
> restored.  He's emailed about this like a dozen times, refaxed his
> committer agreement at least once over.  Okay I'm whining.

Never saw a message about this.. Can you give me some insight about this ? If I can help out I will,
 but you can also have this fixed after you become TLP..

Mvgr,
Martin

Re[2]: Commit Access [Was] : Re: [VOTE] Move POI to TLP

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
Same with me.
I faxed, waited for about a month and didn't see myself in the CLA
list. As the second attempt I mailed and they finally got it in two or
three weeks.

Yegor

Re: link says he has a CLA was Re: Commit Access [Was] : Re: [VOTE] Move POI to TLP

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
Sorry for being mentally offline here, do I still need to do something ?

Mvgr,
Martin

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@buni.org>.
According to that link.
(http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html#unlistedclas) Marcus
Wayne Johnson (aka Marc Johnson) has a CLA but is not a committer.
This is incorrect.  he BOTH has signed a CLA and IS a committer  I
suspect they just didn't match the name to the account.

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@buni.org>.

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@buni.org>.
Martin van den Bemt wrote:
> Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
>
>> Nick Burch wrote:
>> Although as part of this I'd like to see Marc Johnson's committer access
>> restored.  He's emailed about this like a dozen times, refaxed his
>> committer agreement at least once over.  Okay I'm whining.
>>

> Never saw a message about this.. Can you give me some insight about this ? If I can help out I will,
>  but you can also have this fixed after you become TLP..

Marc  Johnson was an original POI committer/project founder.  For
various reasons the list stopped sending to him and stopped accepting
his posts (I had the same problem).  At some point his CVS access became
disabled (I suspect someone was fixing group permissions or something)
and after a good while he lost his password.  At one point it was said
that he hadn't sent his CLA, this was untrue (I was told this at once
point as well).  He sent another copy again.   His account was still not
re-enabled.  He kind of gave up at some point.  I had a similar but
divergent saga and with your help it was resolved (thanks).

If someone on POI will be able to administer the account access that is
acceptable.  Otherwise nothing will change to improve that situation really.