Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Mykhailo Oleksiuk <my...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/03 12:31:27 UTC

Fwd: Check available updates for libs in ivy

Hi,

Unfortunately I didn't get response from ivy-user group.

Dev guys, could you help me with my question?

> Is it possible to get list of libs that are not up-to-date in quick
way(ivy command/script/ant task etc)?

Thanks,
Mykhailo.

Posted by Jean-Louis Boudart <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

As far as i know there is no "quick way" to do this yet.

As this feature is also neededi have spend a couple of hours on
it yesterday. I have a something working and i would be able to commit it
soon.

Basically it's a new ant task. The task try to resolve all libs with a
configurable revision (latest.release) by default and log :

   - dependency updates
   - new transitive dependencies
   - missing transitive dependencies (in case you upgrade a dependency and
   one of it's dependency disappear you rely on a new version)

The task  will be a post resolve task [1], so all commons attributes would
be available including inline="true" :p.

As mentioned before you will be able to change the revision to check so if
you want to see potential updates including "integration" revision you
could do something like :
<ivy:displaydependencyupdate revisiontocheck="latest.integration"/>

Would this cover your need ?

[1]
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/use/postresolvetask.html

PS: the name of the task and attributes is not the final one :p if you have
a better idea you're welcome

--
Jean Louis Boudart
Independent consultant

Re: Check available updates for libs in ivy

Posted by Jean-Louis Boudart <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,