Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Michael Marshall <mi...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/01 20:06:42 UTC

Re: Separate topic and partition label for Prometheus metrics in 2.9.0

> I believe that a middle ground option is to set it to 'true' in 2.9.
> It is a burden to maintain so many options for us, so I agree that we can
> drop it for 2.10.

+1, I think Enrico's idea sounds like a good way to ensure a gradual change.

By keeping the config in 2.9, we can add a note in the `broker.conf`,
the `standalone.conf`, and the `ServiceConfiguration.java` files to
let users know know the config is deprecated and will be removed in
2.10. We can also explain the upgrade path in the release notes to
help users update their monitoring stack (like grafana graphs)
accordingly.

Thanks,
Michael