Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> on 2005/06/30 09:24:55 UTC

Re: compiling php

Adriano Smith wrote:
> If a php file is called in the pipeline as a generator will the file be
> compiled or just displayed as it is? is it possible to mention somwhwre
> that the php is to be compiled and executed. i wish to call a php file
> thro cocoon pipleline. if it is called normally outside cocoon it
> compiles.

The Cocoon PHP block never worked correctly, and should not really be
used. If you need to retrieve data from a PHP page, just use HTTP, e.g:

<map:generate src="http://localhost/mypage.php"/>

Regards, Upayavira

Re: compiling php

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:
>

>>The Cocoon PHP block never worked correctly, and should not really be
>>used. If you need to retrieve data from a PHP page, just use HTTP, e.g:
>

> So why not deprecate it in 2.1.8 and remove it in 2.1.9 ? We shouldn't
> be scared to remove broken cruft.

It already is. Deprecated in 2.1 branch and removed in trunk.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: compiling php

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.
Upayavira wrote:

> The Cocoon PHP block never worked correctly, and should not really be
> used. If you need to retrieve data from a PHP page, just use HTTP, e.g:

So why not deprecate it in 2.1.8 and remove it in 2.1.9 ? We shouldn't
be scared to remove broken cruft.

Jorg