Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by yeliang wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/24 08:07:23 UTC

[DISCUSS] proposal: APISIX support RocketMQ service plugin

Hi, community,
My name is Yeliang Wang, and I am Apache APISIX Committer.
At present, Apache APISIX supports Kafka in real-time log processing(
https://apisix.apache.org/docs/apisix/plugins/kafka-logger/ )。
but, many enterprises I met, whether in transaction scenarios or log
scenarios, are using Apache RocketMQ.
As a distributed message middleware, Apache RocketMQ has a very important
position and a large user base in China.
In addition, on December 26, we will hold a joint event with Apache
RocketMQ to deepen mutual understanding.
Therefore, I suggest that Apache APISIX can support Apache RocketMQ in the
plug-in ecosystem, which can not only meet the diversified needs of users,
so enrich the surrounding ecology of Apache APISIX.
This is my suggestion.
Developers are welcome.
Thanks,
Github: wang-yeliang, Twitter: @WYeliang

Re: [DISCUSS] proposal: APISIX support RocketMQ service plugin

Posted by yeliang wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Great!

Zexuan Luo <sp...@apache.org> 于2021年11月24日周三 下午11:08写道:

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.
cc to rocketmq ML.
Looking forward to further cooperation between the two Apache TLPs.

Thanks,
Ming Wen, Apache APISIX PMC Chair
Twitter: _WenMing

jing li <li...@gmail.com> 于2021年12月6日周一 下午12:12写道:

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.
cc to rocketmq ML.

Posted by jing li <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi, yuz10,

Posted by yeliang wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ZhengSong Tu <tz...@gmail.com>.
I see you have already mentioned the issue[1], great!

[1]:https://github.com/yuz10/lua-resty-rocketmq/issues/4

*ZhengSong Tu*
My GitHub: https://github.com/tzssangglass
Apache APISIX: https://github.com/apache/apisix

YuanSheng Wang <me...@apache.org> 于2021年11月25日周四 上午11:47写道:

Posted by YuanSheng Wang <me...@apache.org>.

Posted by ZhengSong Tu <tz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by yeliang wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Cool!

Posted by YuanSheng Wang <me...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zexuan Luo <sp...@apache.org>.

Posted by yuz10 <84...@qq.com.INVALID>.
Hi,
In fact, there is already a rocketmq client project in lua , https://guthub.com/yuz10/lua-resty-rocketmq ,I am glad to improve the project if any requirements not meet.

I suggest to communicate with the rocketmq community and listen to their
suggestions.

If the rocketmq protocol is more complicated, we can use languages such as
Java/Golang to implement a simple version first.

On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 8:04 PM yeliang wang <wangyeliang19820806@gmail.com&gt;
wrote:

&gt; expect!
&gt;
&gt; Bisakh Mondal <bisakhmondal00@gmail.com&gt; 于2021年11月24日周三 下午5:54写道:
&gt;
&gt; &gt; Nice proposal! I am willing to help developing the plugin on the first
&gt; week
&gt; &gt; of December.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Add-ons: As we are supporting Kafka and Rocket MQ, we should also extend
&gt; &gt; the support to Rabbit MQ, another highly used message queuing solution at
&gt; &gt; some point in the future. There is also an open issue [1] regarding the
&gt; &gt; same.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; [1] : https://github.com/apache/apisix/issues/2291
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Thanks!
&gt; &gt; Best regards,
&gt; &gt; Bisakh <https://github.com/bisakhmondal&gt;
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; On Wed, Nov 24, 2021, 2:36 PM jing li <lijing959595@gmail.com&gt; wrote:
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; Sounds great! Wish the surrounding ecology of Apache APISIX could
&gt; become
&gt; &gt; &gt; more and more abundant.
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 4:07 PM yeliang wang <
&gt; &gt; &gt; wangyeliang19820806@gmail.com&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; wrote:
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Hi, community,
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; My name is Yeliang Wang, and I am Apache APISIX Committer.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; At present, Apache APISIX supports Kafka in real-time log processing(
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; https://apisix.apache.org/docs/apisix/plugins/kafka-logger/ )。
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; but, many enterprises I met, whether in transaction scenarios or log
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; scenarios, are using Apache RocketMQ.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; As a distributed message middleware, Apache RocketMQ has a very
&gt; &gt; important
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; position and a large user base in China.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; In addition, on December 26, we will hold a joint event with Apache
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; RocketMQ to deepen mutual understanding.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Therefore, I suggest that Apache APISIX can support Apache RocketMQ
&gt; in
&gt; &gt; &gt; the
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; plug-in ecosystem, which can not only meet the diversified needs of
&gt; &gt; &gt; users,
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; so enrich the surrounding ecology of Apache APISIX.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; This is my suggestion.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Developers are welcome.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Thanks,
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Github: wang-yeliang, Twitter: @WYeliang
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;