Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Kun Ren <re...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/19 21:52:40 UTC

Change log level

Hi All,

I compiled the source code, and used eclipse to remotely debug the code, I
want to see the Debug information from the log, so I changed the log level
for some classes, for example, I changed the FsShell's log level to
DEBUG(change it from http://localhost:50070/logLevel), then I add the
following test code in the FsShell.java:

LOG.debug("FsShell:main(), log leve=debug");
LOG.info("FsShell:main(), log leve=info");

I re-compiled the code, and remotely debug it, however I can see the output
"FsShell:main(), log leve=info", but can not see the LOG.debug line, looks
like the log level is still INFO, but I checked with
http://localhost:50070/logLevel, it shows that the level is DEBUG, do you
know why or how to enable debug and change log level to debug? Thanks so
much for your help.

Best,
Kun