Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Hider, Sandy" <Sa...@jhuapl.edu> on 2013/02/07 17:42:39 UTC

upgrading to CDH3u5

I am curious if anyone has upgraded their Accumulo clouds Hadoop version from 0.20.2  to CDH3  which is based off of a version of 0.20.2.  Can you just replace one version with another on an active cloud?

Anyone tried this?

Sandy

Re: upgrading to CDH3u5

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.
Didn't realize, thanks for the ref

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 12:38 PM, <dl...@comcast.net> wrote:

> ACCUMULO-837
>
> ------------------------------

Re: upgrading to CDH3u5

Posted by dl...@comcast.net.
ACCUMULO-837

Re: upgrading to CDH3u5

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.

Re: upgrading to CDH3u5

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com>.
This isn't specific to Accumulo, but if you're coming from a version of
hadoop that uses only the hadoop user, you should be aware that CDH3u5
expects hdfs and mapred users. There's some additional resources available
at
https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDHDOC/Upgrading+from+a+CDH+release+before+CDH3+Beta+3+to+the+Latest+CDH3+Release

Re: upgrading to CDH3u5

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.