Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by ed...@fiserv.com on 2005/07/26 14:18:00 UTC

problem with propset

Note: using Subversion 1.2.0.

I am trying to get Subversion to integrate with a defect tracking package,
and one of the things I have to do is set the bugtraq properties. I get
this:

D:\ribs>svn propset bugtraq:label --revprop -r HEAD "Defect#"
http://servername/repos/foo
svn: DAV request failed; it's possible that the repository's
pre-revprop-change hook either failed o
r is non-existent
svn: At least one property change failed; repository is unchanged

Google, this list, and the issue tracker readme all say that this is
because I don't have a pre-revprop-change hook, but I do, and it's
executable. It's empty and won't do much, but it is there. I also tried
using the template that "ships" with Subversion but no joy.

Can someone point out my error?

thanks,

Ed Wittmann

Re: problem with propset

Posted by Christopher Ness <ch...@nesser.org>.
On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 10:18 -0400, ed.wittmann@fiserv.com wrote:
<snip>
> D:\ribs>svn propset bugtraq:label --revprop -r HEAD "Defect#"
> http://servername/repos/foo
> svn: DAV request failed; it's possible that the repository's
> pre-revprop-change hook either failed o
> r is non-existent
> svn: At least one property change failed; repository is unchanged
>
> Google, this list, and the issue tracker readme all say that this is
> because I don't have a pre-revprop-change hook, but I do, and it's
> executable. It's empty and won't do much, but it is there. I also tried
> using the template that "ships" with Subversion but no joy.
>
> Can someone point out my error?

User permissions of the file[s]?  I also enabled the
`post-revprop-change' script as well, but commented out the email script
so it simply returns.

Make sure your scripts (.bat I assume) are exiting with success (0).

The default pre-revprop-change that I have only allows users to set
'svn:log' properties.  Everything else fails (exit 1).

Cheers,
Chris
--
Wireless Group
McMaster University

summer
10:24:00 up 4 days, 20:17, 4 users, load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.07

Re: problem with propset

Posted by Mark Phippard <Ma...@softlanding.com>.
ed.wittmann@fiserv.com wrote on 07/26/2005 10:18:00 AM:

> Note: using Subversion 1.2.0.
>
> I am trying to get Subversion to integrate with a defect tracking
package,
> and one of the things I have to do is set the bugtraq properties. I get
> this:
>
> D:\ribs>svn propset bugtraq:label --revprop -r HEAD "Defect#"
> http://servername/repos/foo
> svn: DAV request failed; it's possible that the repository's
> pre-revprop-change hook either failed o
> r is non-existent
> svn: At least one property change failed; repository is unchanged
>
> Google, this list, and the issue tracker readme all say that this is
> because I don't have a pre-revprop-change hook, but I do, and it's
> executable. It's empty and won't do much, but it is there. I also tried
> using the template that "ships" with Subversion but no joy.

I do not know why your hook is failing, but I thought I would point out
that the bug tracking properties are not revision props anyway.  What you
need to do is set them on the folders in your repository and then commit
them.  If everyone always checks out the same one or two top-level
folders, they only need to be set on those folders.  Otherwise,
recursively set them on all folders.

Mark