Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Sekhar Kosuru <ko...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/26 10:37:16 UTC

Reg: Using User Defined Datatypes As Stored Procedure IN Parameters.

Hi,

I am working on database migration project, where i have a requirement to
create a stored procedure taking around 80 parameters. As i could see Derby
stored procedure has to implement in java code, I am thinking taking these
many parameters for a method is not a good sign. I searched for alternative
i found that we can create User Defined Types in derby, so i created a bean
class for my parameters and i am trying to pass this bean class a input
parameter to my stored procedure.

As part of this i created a Type in Derby & Stored Procedure then i
uploaded the bean class and SP java implementation into derby classpath.

Still here no problem, the problem is when i am trying to call my StoreProc
with Callable Statement i am getting ClassNotFoundException for my bean
class in derby.log file.

But in single jar file i uploaded both bean class and SP implementaion.
Pojo class is implementing the Serializable interface.

Please help to solve this problem or provide another way of implementation
for my problem.

Regards
Sekhar.