Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de> on 2006/03/05 15:12:07 UTC

Best way to read config values from config.xml

Hi,

i wrote a patch for the HELO command Handler to check if the HELO is
resolvable. It works great but i want to be ble to config if that should
be checked. So it could be integrated without a problem. Whats the best
place to do that?

whould be great if someone can give me some help..

bye

Re: Best way to read config values from config.xml

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Hi Norman,

I just read the SMTPHandlerChain class.
It handle the creation and configuration of command handlers and I see
it calls "ContainerUtil.configure(handler,children[i]);"
ContainerUtil.configure just check wether handler implements
Configurable and, if it does, calls the configure method.

You can take AddHeaderHandler or DNSRBLHandler as an example: these are
for connect and message handlers but the configuration behaviour is the
same for the command handlers too.

Stefano

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.
Thx for the tip.. I finished the patch.. I tried to upload it to the
issue page, but the page seems to e down at the moment. So i have to
wait until the page is reachable again.

bye