Posted to dev@lucy.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2013/03/04 17:28:41 UTC

[lucy-dev] Lucy PMC Chair

Greets,

Thanks to Peter Karman for serving as Lucy's PMC chair for the last year.
Peter has demonstrated once again the dependability and organizational
skills which have benefitted this project over the years.

It's time for us to consider who should be chair for the next year:

    http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/ByLaws

    The PMC must consider the position of PMC chair annually and if supported
    by 2/3 Majority should recommend a new chair to the board.

I would like to nominate Nick Wellnhofer.  In the last year, Nick has been
Lucy's most active contributor of code, sparked our move to a Git source code
repository, maintained a consistent presence on both the dev and user lists,
and performed the hard work of building consensus when necessary, coordinating
smoothly and effectively with the rest of the community.

Nick, are you willing to accept this nomination?

Marvin Humphrey

Re: [lucy-dev] Lucy PMC Chair

Posted by Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de>.
On 04/03/2013 17:28, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> Thanks to Peter Karman for serving as Lucy's PMC chair for the last year.
> Peter has demonstrated once again the dependability and organizational
> skills which have benefitted this project over the years.

+1

> I would like to nominate Nick Wellnhofer.  In the last year, Nick has been
> Lucy's most active contributor of code, sparked our move to a Git source code
> repository, maintained a consistent presence on both the dev and user lists,
> and performed the hard work of building consensus when necessary, coordinating
> smoothly and effectively with the rest of the community.
>
> Nick, are you willing to accept this nomination?

Thanks for the kind words. I accept the nomination.

Nick