Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> on 2009/07/16 23:56:15 UTC

Maintainers for distributions

I have noticed that we have users on quite a few distro's Fedora, RHEL,
Debian, Unbantu, Windows etc.

With most distro's (open source) we can distribute with the
distribution, and today Qpid is included in Fedora
for example. It would be great to get Qpid into more distro's to make it
easier for our users.

If you use a distro and would like to see Qpid distributed on it out of
the box, and would like to help be the package
maintainer for that distro that would be great. This is a great way to
contribute to Qpid, maybe earn committership &
would be helpful for many Qpid users. It mainly involves dealing with
creating builds and creating the relevant
packing files for the specific distro, and then doing periodic rebuilds.

If you have interest in contributing in this way, please join this
thread. I think it would be a great way to contribute
to Qpid which will provide great value for users, and is not hard core
coding effort or high time effort once included.

Shout if you have interest
Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org