Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Mike Tong <mt...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/09 18:19:52 UTC

Power Point 2007

Please can you confirm if Open Office version is compatible with Power
Point 2007.
I tried using it in July and found that it wasn't.
Can you confirm whether the latest version is fully compatible with it now?
Thanks
Mike

Re: Power Point 2007

Posted by Julian Thomas <jt...@jt-mj.net>.
On 9 Dec 2013, at 12:19, Mike Tong <mt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please can you confirm if Open Office version is compatible with Power
> Point 2007.
> I tried using it in July and found that it wasn't.

I've had no problems opening OO presentation files [saved in Win ppt format] with either ppt 2007 or ppt 2010.

No problems either going the other way from ppt or pptx files into OO.

There are some gotchas here.  Embedded audio files or video files need to be in a format that works on both the originating machine and the target machine; this is a more significant problem when going between Win and Mac; but not an issue that can be ignored otherwise.
jt

Re: How to print graphs

Posted by John Hart <jh...@testra.com>.
On 12/11/2013 2:59 AM, Brian Barker wrote:
> At 02:36 11/12/2013 -0700, John Hart wrote:
>> How do you get charts to print on one page? Is there a print to fit
>> option?
>
> Yes.  Set Format | Page... | Sheet | Scale | Scaling mode to "Fit
> print range(s) to width/height" or "Fit print range(s) on number of
> pages".
>
>> When the printer is changed from portrait to landscape does OO
>> reformat for the setting?
>
> No.  (You may be guilty of Microsoft-Office-think.)  But it does when
> you change the page format at Format | Page... | Page | Orientation.
>
> I trust this helps.
>
> Brian Barker

Thanks. Having the print format saved in the drawing is much better than
changing OS printer settings.

jrh

Re: How to print graphs

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.

How to print graphs

Re: Power Point 2007

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 9 Dec 2013 18:19:52 +0100
Mike Tong <mt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please can you confirm if Open Office version is compatible with Power
> Point 2007.
> I tried using it in July and found that it wasn't.
> Can you confirm whether the latest version is fully compatible with it now?
> Thanks
> Mike

It would be foolish of anyone to say it was _fully_ compatible with PowerPoint 2007. In fact even Microsodft has had glitches between differing versions of their software. If you must maintain 100% compatibility, use Powerpoint 2007 on identical machines with identical font packs.

As you can install OpenOffice for free (only download from www.openoffice.org/download, which will redirect you to SourceForge) you can try it alongside your PowerPoint installation.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>