Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@bea.com> on 2007/07/09 23:18:26 UTC

Runtime access to sdoJava:package

Hello,
a newbie question:
1. *.xsd has declared
     sdoJava:package="com.acme.mydomain"

2. With XSDHelper.INSTANCE (or with some other helper)
   how does one programatically access the package name
"com.acme.mydomain"?

A more general question,
does SDO Type has a 'package' notion or such notion is only valid if SDO
Type is converted to Java Class?

Thanks

Pinaki Poddar
972.834.2865

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

RE: Runtime access to sdoJava:package

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@bea.com>.
Hi Frank,
  Here is what I am after:
1. Input: XML Definition of SDO types
2. Create+Populate a DataGraph X compliant to the SDO Types
3. Get a 'SDO-enabled' JPA EntityManager, em
4. em.persist(X)
5. All the data should be persisted in a RDBMS

More about this in
http://dev2dev.bea.com/blog/pinaki.poddar/archive/2007/07/persisting_ser
v.html

To do this, I need Java classes corresponding to SDO Types, because JPA
works well with strongy-typed Java classes. These Java classes are
generated on-the-fly by a byte code generation library. While it is not
*important* for the dynamically generated Java classes to have package
names, it just a Java-habit to add a package name:)
I understand the non-kosher nature of things and according to your
advice, encapsulated the package name extraction such that it does not
statically depend on EMF. If possible it will get me a package name
otherwise dynamically generated Java classes will remain in default
name-less package.

 Thanks to you and this user group for help --

Pinaki Poddar
972.834.2865

Posted by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Pinaki,