Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Sujay Jayaram <su...@weddingpath.com> on 2006/02/11 14:38:55 UTC

JDK1.5 Issues

Morning all!

We are using the wonderful Velocity at weddingpath.com and the site is
getting a lot busier so we're looking at moving over to the latest Tomcat
(which requires on JDK1.5).

My questions is: how do I get a JDK1.5 compatible Velocity release please? I
know that I could build from the HEAD but I have no idea how stable it is.is
there a good checkpoint version before that and are there any plans for a
formal JDK1.5 compatible release?

My hunting around in the archives didn't get these answers so I hope it's ok
to ask!

Cheers

Sujay Jayaram

Re: JDK1.5 Issues

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Hi Sujay,

You should be able to un Velocity 1.4 with JDK 1.5, just not compile it.
Otherwise, you can use HEAD which is pretty stable.

WILL