Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kevin Galligan <ma...@kgalligan.com> on 2005/12/23 00:45:42 UTC

jars in ear level for war

Is there a way to simply reference jar files in the ear package rather
than including them directly in the war lib directory?  The ejb plugin
will add dependent jars to the manifext class-path entry with the
following config...

<plugin>
	<artifactId>maven-ejb-plugin</artifactId>
	<configuration>
		<archive>
			<manifest>
				<addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
			</manifest>
		</archive>
		<generateClient>true</generateClient>

	</configuration>
</plugin>

Essentially I'd like to do the same with the war.  Just add the
dependent jars to the manifest instead of the lib dir.

Right now I have the dependent jars set to 'provided', and force the ear
to include them.  This is ok, except that the war plugin does not
include these in the class-path (I put in a config similar to above, but
there's no difference).

Any suggestions on how this should work?

Thanks in advance,
-Kevin